Monday, February 13, 2012

2011 in review

2011 was a really good year. I participated in 2 sprint triathlons
(Huntsville Sprint Triathlon, Soggy Seal Triathlon) , a duathlon, a  5K, 10K, 25K, and a marathon.

This year I ran 1407 miles at an average pace of 7:39 min/miles and biked 1421 miles at an average speed of  16.5 mph. It was a breakthrough year for my swimming. I swam 125.2 miles at an average mile pace of 38:32, and I finished the year with a pace of 35:27. 

 In May I passed-out at the finish of Jesse Owens 10K.  This was a first for me.  I still managed 1st place in my age group and 16th overall out of 124.  I beat the heat this year. I ran fast all summer and finished a 5K in August with a 20:16. This is faster then I believed possible for me in the heat of summer.
 
I was able to develop a pretty good running base this fall and had a great Rocket City Marathon. I was able to best last year, qualify for Boston, and place 5th in my age group.

I hope to maintain my momentum into the Black Warrior 50K and have a good spring of racing. I hope that God blesses me with another healthy year of running.

No comments: