Saturday, February 12, 2011

All dressed up with no place to go.

Pre-race day carb loading done. Duffel bag packed. Garmin and cell phone charged. Clothes laid out. Favorite orange toboggan and several layers of clothes packed to prepare for several temperature variations at race time. Race nutrition (Lime Sublime GU Gels) packed and post-race (Cool Mint Chocolate Cliff Bar) packed. Shoes, socks and crocs are laid out. All systems are go... well almost.

This is Friday the 11th of February and the Black Warrior25/50K race is not the 12th, but the 19th. So I am all dressed up with no place to go. How did this happen. I guess I entered the wrong date some how on my wall calendar and never re-checked the date on the website like my friend Brad. It was Brad who informed me Friday night that I was a week off. It is kind of nice to be ready a week ahead. Well not really, I am sort of unprepared physically. I lost a couple weeks to a sore knee 4 weeks back. Now I have an extra week to get back where I was.

With the setback I opted out of the 50K and changed to the 25K race. It will be good practice for McKay Hollow Madness. Saturday February 19th I should be in Bankhead forest. Being a week ahead is better than over sleeping on race day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad I could be of service! haha! Can't wait for Saturday. It should be beautiful weather.

Brad